INSTITUTE OF COMMUNITY SERVICES, INC. GUIDELINES FOR A SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL SCHOOL YEAR 2021-22
START of the SCHOOL YEAR PARENT INFORMATION with COVID 19 SAFETY REMINDERS, 2021-22
- With face-to-face classes starting for the 2021-22 school year, ICS, as always, will work diligently to keep children, staff and families safe and healthy.
- Social distancing methods will be implemented with group sizes limited.
- Masks will be worn on buses and when entering the building for both children and adults. When putting your child on the bus have the child wear a mask.
- Daily temperature checks for entering a bus and entering a center will occur for children and staff members.
- Do not send sick children for classes. This can cause a center to be closed.
- With the pandemic, Head Start children will continue to wear masks, except when eating and sleeping.
- Children will be monitored closely for signs of illness. If any contagious disease occurs, ICS will follow instructions by the MS Dept. of Health for parent notification as well as disinfecting / sanitizing procedures.
- Parents must keep telephone numbers current and Release person information accurate and in writing.
- COVID-19 cleaning procedures are used. ICS centers are cleaned and disinfected daily. Frequently touched surfaces and objects are also cleaned and disinfected.
- Additional outdoor activities will occur with play in designated areas.
- For social distancing, classroom groups will be established. Children stay with their group.
- Book bags will be provided for transporting the Head Start tablets to and from the centers.
- Educational home visits for the Fall will be virtual.
SPECIFIC ITEMS PARENTS NEED to UNDERSTAND
- For safety and health, ICS is limiting who may enter the buildings. At this time, only center staff and enrolled children are allowed inside center buildings during class times.
- If a parent needs to visit a center, call ahead and make an appointment. If necessary, you may need to return to your car to complete paperwork.
- Be sure you have the center’s telephone number.
- CURB SIDE PICK-UP & DROP-OFF: If your child is a car rider, you will check your child in from your car outside the building (curb side check-in). The Head Start child is to wear a face covering or mask to enter the building. Health safety checks will occur.
- If no adult is outside to receive or deliver your child, remain in your vehicle and contact the center. Be on time for both pick-up and drop-off.
- In the afternoon, children who are car riders will be checked out to the parent or Release person outside the center.
- For bus riders, make sure an authorized person is at home to receive your child.
- ICS website is ics-hs.com where parent information is shared.
- Be sure to sign up for REMIND 101 at your center for important parent notices.
- Provide the center with your email address.
- ICS is highly encouraging all who are eligible to get vaccinated.
- Alert the center if anyone in your home has COVID-19.
Be prepared. Parents need to have Safe at Home plans ready to use if center closings occur, and ICS returns to using Virtual Remote Learning.